27th August, 2019
June. A month normally associated with the dawn of Summer and fine weather. Not this year.
On 13th June we hosted our annual Quod Client Golf Day at The Buckinghamshire Golf Club. Despite the rain, and on occasion links-like winds, a throng of clients and Quod staff stepped out onto the course for an entertaining day of golf starting with a morning Texas Scramble Team Competition followed by a healthy lunch. It was at this point the rain decided to stop, whilst we were inside drying off – typical!
The afternoon session was an individual and team 18 hole Stableford event, with a number of smaller competitions littered throughout the round, including a Beat the Pro Competition. The afternoon also hosted an ‘Introduction to Golf’ session with the golf club’s professionals, which was great fun for all involved.
A huge thank you to all clients who took the time and effort to make the day a huge success. Prizes were awarded for both team and individual competitions. Congratulations to the following winners:
- Texas Scramble Team Competition – Matt Sherwood (Quod), Taylor Andrews (Quod), David Swainsbury (Argent)
- Longest Drive – Charlie Jones (Titan Property)
- Nearest the Pin – Charlie Jones (Titan Property)
- Beat the Pro – Jono Maher (Bericote), Dave Fletcher (Systra), Matt Small (Quod), Tom Vernon (Quod)
- Introduction to Golf – Suzie Opacic (Heathrow), Greg Markes (Quod), Michael Beale (Quod), Ewan Grunwald (Quod)
- Team Stableford – Matt Small (Quod), Steve Yewman (URW), Paul Grace (BLP Law), Dom Glanz (Westfield)
- Individual Stableford (Quod) – Alex Wright
- Individual Stableford – 1st – Steve Yewman (BLP Law)
- Individual Stableford – 2nd – Dom Glanz (Westfield)
- Individual Stableford – 3rd – Matthew Rees (St William)
Here’s to 2020 and to the sunshine we all associate with the Quod Client Golf Day. Thank you to all who attended.