Quod provides industry leading strategic advice to ensure that emerging development proposals are founded on a robust policy background and are prepared with the necessary accuracy and rigor. This can aid in demonstrating, amongst other points, the need for the comprehensive regeneration of an area.
Quod regularly forms an integral part of the acquiring authority CPO team, assisting in the preparation of the statutory documents including the Statement of Reasons and Statement of Case, drafting written statements. We also review team documentation to ensure consistency, and that of objectors to guide the case.
We have considerable experience in appearing as Expert Witness at CPO inquiries. Recent appearances at inquiries include:
- Bacton Low Rise – Expert Witness instructed by the London Borough of Camden for the CPO of leasehold interests as part of this housing regeneration project. The CPO was essential to the implementation of Camden Council’s 15-year Community Investment Programme.
- London City Airport – Expert Witness on behalf of the airport for the new terminals and infrastructure.
- Whitgift Shopping Centre – Expert Witness on behalf of URW (formerly Westfield) and Hammerson at the CPO for the regeneration of the Whitgift Shopping Centre and surrounding land – regarded as the key site to kick-starting the regeneration of Croydon town centre – to help delivery of a significant retail-led mixed use redevelopment scheme.
- Brent Cross Cricklewood Regeneration Area – Expert Witness on behalf of Hammerson and Aberdeen Standard Investments at the CPO for BXC which will deliver a new Metropolitan Town Centre comprising circa 1.3msqft of floorspace in addition to extensive social infrastructure, open space and public transport improvements.
- The Landing – Expert Witness on behalf of Ryger Maidenhead Ltd at the CPO for the mixed-use redevelopment of a key Maidenhead town centre site.
In addition to our work with acquiring authorities, Quod also acts on behalf of a local landowners and residents who are being displaced to object to CPOs. Quod has also been retained and instructed for compensation cases, including Section 17 (Certificates of Appropriate Alternative Development) applications and Section 18 appeals to the Lands Tribunal. Quod has significant experience across the wide spectrum of the CPO procedure and our incisive advice and thorough approach make us a key and valued member of any CPO team.